Front of the House
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Serve guests in a quick, efficient, friendly and professional manner that meets or exceeds guest’s expectations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Making delicious and relaxing coffee in different variety of coffee such as latte, espresso, brewed and other coffee mixes
- Make coffee presentations and decorations according to customer’s order , hot or cold
- Provide friendly, courteous and efficient service to all guests with making eye contact, smiling and maintaining proper posture.
- Take orders and serve food and beverage items to customers in a timely, enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Listen and respond to inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of the menu and offer suggestions of dishes in accordance to the guest’s preference.
- Anticipate and service the guest’s needs before requests are made.
- Clean tables and/or counters after patrons have finished dining.
- Follow proper time and attendance and uniform procedures.
- Able to ascertain a guest’s satisfaction and handle any problems which may arise and informing a Manager / Team leader of the problem and how it was resolved
Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum one year of experience required.
Skills and abilities:
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- Knowledge of the menu and beverage list and the ability to communicate clear suggestions to the guests.
- Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company’s standards.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Upon employment, all Employees are required to fully comply with the company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate organisation’s rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action that may lead to termination of employment.
- Respond quickly and properly in any Restaurant emergency situation.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor at all times in addition to remaining calm during periods of heavy business volumes.
- The ability to perform other tasks or project as assigned by the Management.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderated and controlled by facility environmental systems.
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. and on a regular and continuing basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Manual dexterity required to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Talking, hearing and seeing (vision) occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, Supervisors and other Employees.
Intent & Function of the job description:
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by Supervisors as deemed appropriate.
**Interested applicants may also send their cvs and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com**