Front of the House
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Responsible for the securing of funds for daily restaurant transactions; depositing funds and balancing accounts and adhering to accounting practice for money handling.
Duties and responsibilities
- Receive payments in the authorized form: cash and/or credit, and debit card.
- Responsible to reporting to his/her Manager when an error is unwillingly made (the wrong, amount, product type, etc.), which requires authorization to void an invoice issued by the system
- Accurately carry out date entry of the operation to keep from voiding any printed transactions, invoices and/or receipt of sale due to any data correction or inconsistencies
- Ensure correct calculation of the daily cashier’s report and look after the sales reports content, reconcile against the cash, credit card and deposit slip sales. Ensuring that no difference is identified.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators or cash registers.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records at all times.
Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum three years of experience required.
Skills and abilities
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- Knowledge of the menu and beverage list and the ability to communicate clear suggestions to the guests.
- Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company’s standards.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Upon employment, all Employees are required to fully comply with company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate organisation’s rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action that may lead to termination of employment.
- Respond quickly and properly in any Restaurant emergency situation.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor at all times in addition to remaining calm during periods of heavy business volumes.
- The ability to perform other tasks or project as assigned by the Management.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderated and controlled by facility environmental systems.
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. and on a regular and continuing basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Manual dexterity required to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Talking, hearing and seeing (vision) occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, Supervisors and other Employees.