Front of the House
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations at a coffee shop. This includes managing staff, food preparation and ordering, and basic office duties.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Welcome and interact with customers, finding their preferences and using detailed knowledge to gently recommend coffee and other beverages they will enjoy .
- Prepare a wide variety of coffees, teas and other drinks of the highest standard, following prescribed recipes and presentation techniques to ensure consistent quality
- Co-ordinate the preparation of all orders from the coffee counter, enabling waiting staff to serve freshly made food and beverages promptly
- Be prepared at quieter times to cover all aspects of the front counter role, including serving counter food, operating the till, waiting, and clearing tables
- Help to develop a high performing barista/counter team, ensuring staff understand their responsibilities and providing them with supervision, training and support
- Maximize revenue by increasing sales, spend and conversion while minimizing costs in ways that do not have negative impacts on quality or service
- Maintain supplies of counter and bar beverages in line with forecast demand
- Keep equipment working by following operating instructions, carrying out preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting breakdowns
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and presentable work environment, following approved operating procedures, food safety guidelines and health and safety regulations
- Enhance our reputation by constantly seeking opportunities to add value and improve quality by redesigning and changing processes
Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum of three years serving experience in fine dinning restaurant is required.
Skills and abilities:
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- Knowledge of the menu and beverage list and the ability to communicate clear suggestions to the guests.
- Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company’s standards.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Upon employment, all Employees are required to fully comply with company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate organisation’s rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action that may lead to termination of employment.
- Respond quickly and properly in any Restaurant emergency situation.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor at all times in addition to remaining calm during periods of heavy business volumes.
- The ability to perform other tasks or project as assigned by the Management.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderated and controlled by facility environmental systems.
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. and on a regular and continuing basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Manual dexterity required to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Talking, hearing and seeing (vision) occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, Supervisors and other Employees.
Intent & Function of the job description:
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by Supervisors as deemed appropriate.
**Interested applicants may also send their cvs and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com**