Back of House
- To supply the highest level of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the back areas.
- To prepare, cook and serve any food delegated as your responsibility ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times.
- To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labeling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times and ensuring that all records of such are updated and kept.
- To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all-relevant company procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure you maintain your work area to a clean, hygienic and tidy state at all times.
- To wear the full and correct uniform at all times whether on the public eye or back areas.
- To provide on the job training to junior members of kitchen staff.
- To have an understanding of menu planning, writing and the implementation of stock controls and how this enables the kitchen to meet Gross Profit %.
- To be familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated.
- To assist and ensure the junior chefs carry out daily and weekly procedures including temperature checks, food labeling/dating and storage and to ensure records of such are up to date.
- To ensure that temperature checks are carried out a minimum of 5 times per day and recorded.
- To recognize the importance of good stock management/control and it’s importance in the kitchen meeting its Gross Profit %.
- To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or equipment and report any problems to the Senior Chef on duty.
- To understand how the Restaurant’s Health and Safety Policy affects your department.
Due to the current covid scenario, this position requires someone who is currently in Riyadh, KSA.