Back of House
February 4, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Source suppliers and negotiate prices to keep food costs low, while maintaining the quality of the menu items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Keep food cost below 28%
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Implementation of health and safety procedures in the kitchen.
- Estimating costs and ensuring all purchases come within budget.
- Taking care of the kitchen’s accounts and creating a work roster.
- Maintaining/raising the food’s profit margins for your employer.
Education: Master in Culinary Arts
Experience Required: At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
Skills and abilities
- Has extensive experience in preparing gluten free dishes / pastries.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- Knowledge of the menu and beverage list and the ability to communicate clear suggestions to the guests.
- Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company’s standards.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Upon employment, all Employees are required to fully comply with company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate organisation’s rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action that may lead to termination of employment.
- Respond quickly and properly in any Restaurant emergency situation.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor at all times in addition to remaining calm during periods of heavy business volumes.
- The ability to perform other tasks or project as assigned by the Management.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderated and controlled by facility environmental systems.
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. and on a regular and continuing basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Manual dexterity required to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Talking, hearing and seeing (vision) occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, Supervisors and other Employees.
Note: Interested applicants may send their most updated CVs to email@example.com