Back of the House
Last Exit, Dubai, UAE
Oversees all food production, food presentation and food truck staff to ensure a quality guest dining experience. Must operate in a timely and ethical fashion while adhering to standardized recipes, standards, food safety and HACCP compliance, food and manning guidelines. Work directly with location management and F&B support staff to ensure all sanitation standards and requirements are met according to UAE Law. May be required to assist in other departments and do related work as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages plans, directs, schedules, supervises, evaluates, rewards and disciplines – all tasks performed by food truck team members.
- Delegates responsibilities of production and communicates proper instructions to staff. Follows up to ensure timely completion.
- Create cost-effective & creative daily specials.
- Maintains pre-set budgets in labor and food costs with the help of the Operations Team.
- Plans and organizes daily food production levels according to forecasts of covers per meal period. Generates prep list for each station to meet food production quantities as forecasted.
- Produces a high-quality product in a timely fashion for guests and employees.
- Trains, instructs, teaches and motivates seasonal staff in proper knife handling, sanitation, safety, food safety and HACCP, food preparation, and guest and staff satisfaction.
- Works to ensure proper food ordering requirements and inventories are met while meeting or exceeding set food cost.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Responsible for ALL culinary and food truck purchasing to meet the needs of the operation based upon forecast and set budgets.
- Ensure positive employee interactions and morale.
- 2-4 years head Chef, kitchen management, and/or food truck management experience in a high-volume food production environment required.
- Culinary degree, professional culinary training or equivalency in work experience required.
- Previous experience in similar concept in an advantage.
- Prior experience with seasonal operations and staff helpful.
- Must be able to lead a team in high volume food production environment to produce a high-quality product and ensure high guest satisfaction.
- Must have a strong knowledge of currently accepted food safety, HACCP and sanitation standards.
- Valid PIC Certificate is an edge but not required.
- Must have experience in food costing, kitchen accounting, labor scheduling to meet budget requirements.
- Must have experience in food production standards, and creation of a high-quality product.
- Must be knowledgeable in trending plate presentation, flavor profiles and guest service standards.
- Must have knowledge in cooking techniques: braising, sautéing, roasting, sauces, stocks, etc.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage calmly under pressure when necessary.
- Good organization, time management and communication skills required.
- Must give instructions clearly and precisely and follow up in a reasonable amount of time.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and precise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with co-workers. Must be team-oriented, positive, and upbeat.
- Must be respectful of diversity and possess the ability to work effectively with all staff experience levels
- Must have the ability to lead effectively, supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling of work assignments.
- Must be able to work at an expert competent level in all kitchen positions.
- Must be able to physically operate all kitchen equipment with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Job requires standing for long periods, walking, bending, handling, reaching, grasping, occasionally to frequently lifting up to 50 lbs., and repetitive motions.
- Kitchen environment may have times of high noise levels.
- Flexible schedules and varied shifts, AM/PM, split shifts, weekend and holidays required.
- Exposure to hazardous materials and cleaning products may occur – knowledgeable and able to practice injury/accident prevention methods.
**PLEASE SEND YOUR MOST UPDATED CV AND IMPRESSIVE PORTFOLIO TO CAREER@GLEEHOSPITALITY.COM OR HR_ASST@GLEEHOSPITALITY.COM**