Back of House
January 7, 2019
United Arab Emirates
The junior chef is responsible for the majority of duties and responsibilities of the Sous chef, such as inventory, kitchen staff management and food preparation.
Duties and responsibilities
• Will be responsible for working the front line and the handling specific stations as assigned by the superior Chef.
• The job description entails assisting in overseeing and directing all aspects of the operation of the kitchen and in providing functional assistance to the Sous chef primarily.
• Ensure proper productivity and high standards of food quality delivery.
• To ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried so that subordinate staff performs their duties effectively and efficiently.
• Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking are per standards.
• Responsible to maintain all standards set forth by Management and establishes the manner and means to train personnel according to standards operating procedures.
• To ensure a safe and constant food production according to daily needs of our guests as well as company expectations.
• Oversee all back-of-house operations and be responsible for food production and overall supervision of kitchen activity
• Maintain and contribute to a positive work environment.
Education: Equivalent education preferred or diploma in professional cookery.
Experience Required: Minimum four years serving experience required.
NOTE: Applicants may also send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org