Back of the House
The Zone - Riyadh, KSA
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the overall kitchen area as well as all china, glass, flatware, dishware, pots, and other kitchen equipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Able to load and unload dishware and flatware from the dishwashing machine and store them properly.
- Able to safely set up, clean and utilize the silver burnishing machine.
- Able to clean, polish, sort and transport required silver.
- Ensure all needed supplies are in storage and the ability to requisition such supplies.
- Able to set up, clean and properly operate the dish machine safely and neatly, including disassembling and assembling for cleaning, loading and unloading or dishes and silver and changing the water when necessary or instructed to.
- Able to maintain a clean, orderly, hazard-free work area and clean all areas.
- Able to clean, dust, sweep, mop, polish, scrub, wash, strip, and buff, the specified areas.
- Ensure that all food service and preparation ware is clean and sanitized.
- Rack all china and glassware properly according to type and size to avoid breakage.
- Keep ware-washing area clean and safe. Clean work area, drains, and machinery properly at the end of each shift.
Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum one year serving experience required.
Skills and abilities:
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- Knowledge of the menu and beverage list and the ability to communicate clear suggestions to the guests.
- Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company’s standards.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Upon employment, all Employees are required to fully comply with company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate organisation’s rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action that may lead to termination of employment.
- Respond quickly and properly in any Restaurant emergency situation.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor at all times in addition to remaining calm during periods of heavy business volumes.
- The ability to perform other tasks or project as assigned by the Management.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderated and controlled by facility environmental systems.
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. and on a regular and continuing basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Manual dexterity required to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Talking, hearing and seeing (vision) occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, Supervisors and other Employees.
Intent & Function of the job description:
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by Supervisors as deemed appropriate.
**Interested applicants may also send their CVs’ to firstname.lastname@example.org directly or to email@example.com**