Back of the House
The Zone - Riyadh, KSA
To serve and assist in supervising food service personnel, with food production tasks as needed and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling etc.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Knowledge of all basic cooking methods including preparation of stocks, sauces, cold sauces and as well as all preparation of meats, vegetables and fruits.
- Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques of plate presentation.
- Responsible for serving food with consistent quality following company’s quality standard.
- Seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum one year serving experience required.
Skills and abilities:
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- Knowledge of the menu and beverage list and the ability to communicate clear suggestions to the guests.
- Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company’s standards.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Upon employment, all Employees are required to fully comply with company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate organisation’s rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action that may lead to termination of employment.
- Respond quickly and properly in any Restaurant emergency situation.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor at all times in addition to remaining calm during periods of heavy business volumes.
- The ability to perform other tasks or project as assigned by the Management.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderated and controlled by facility environmental systems.
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. and on a regular and continuing basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Manual dexterity required to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Talking, hearing and seeing (vision) occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, Supervisors and other Employees.
Intent & Function of the job description:
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by Supervisors as deemed appropriate.
**Interested applicants may also send their CVs’ to email@example.com directly or to firstname.lastname@example.org**