Front of the House
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Coordinates and oversees the constant adherence to service standards and customer satisfaction. Responsible for efficient running and profitability of the restaurant and effectively manage the employees at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Able to maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests when greeting them and throughout their dining experience.
- Ability to circulate on the outlet floor, continually checking with the guests and the service staff to ensure that everything is up to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Recognize outstanding performance by service personnel and handle discipline as per standard operating procedures.
- Looks after preparation and competition of action plans, productivity, quality and customer-service standards, resolving problems and identifying trends.
- Liaise with superior to meet restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variance, initiating corrective actions.
- Plan menus by consulting with chefs and estimate food costs and profits.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation, minimizing waste, ensuring high quality of service.
- Prepares working schedules and implements according to business needs.
- Implements new service procedures together with the line manager and the rest of the team.
- Presents instructions from the Food & Beverage Office to his/her subordinates and colleagues and ensures clear understanding of them.
- Instructs on the set-up of stations, tables, linen, etc. and ensures that these standards are being followed.
- Checks quality of food and beverage items in terms of presentation, temperature, quantity, etc.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the Food & Beverage outlets.
- Ensures that all equipment for preparation and operation is clean and polished, and ensures that the necessary amount of equipment is available.
- Takes care of all the administrative work related to his/her outlet.
- Provides continuous training for his/her staff in all service related areas, as well as dealing with guests, suggestive selling, service skills, and product knowledge.
- Develops periodical performance evaluations of his/her staff as per procedures.
- Ensures that staff is aware of the provisions of Health & Safety regulations according to UAE laws and regulations.
Education: Hospitality degree or equivalent education preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum 7 years of experience required in managerial post.
Skills and abilities
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
- Knowledge of the menu and beverage list and the ability to communicate clear suggestions to the guests.
- Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company’s standards.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Upon employment, all Employees are required to fully comply with the company’s rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate organisation’s rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action that may lead to termination of employment.
- Respond quickly and properly in any Restaurant emergency situation.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor at all times in addition to remaining calm during periods of heavy business volumes.
- The ability to perform other tasks or project as assigned by the Management.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderated and controlled by facility environmental systems.
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an extended period of time.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. and on a regular and continuing basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Manual dexterity required to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Talking, hearing and seeing (vision) occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, Supervisors and other Employees.
Intent & Function of the job description
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by Supervisors as deemed appropriate.