Front of the House
26th June 2019
Job title Restaurant Manager
Reports to Operations Manager / Restaurant Owner’s
Coordinates and oversees the constant adherence to service standards and customer satisfaction. Responsible for efficient running and profitability of the restaurant and effectively manage the employees at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
• Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic
plans and reviews.
• Able to maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests when greeting them and throughout their
• Ability to circulate on the outlet floor, continually checking with the guests and the service staff to
ensure that everything is up to the guest’s satisfaction.
• Recognize outstanding performance by service personnel and handle discipline as per standard operating
• Looks after preparation and competition of action plans, productivity, quality and customer-service
standards, resolving problems and identifying trends .
• Liaise with superior to meet restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an
annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variance, initiating corrective actions.
• Plan menus by consulting with chefs and estimate food costs and profits.
• Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation, minimizing waste, ensuring high
quality of service.
• Avoids legal challenges by confirming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage authorities.
Education: Hospitality degree or equivalent education preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum 7 years of experience required in managerial post.
Skills and abilities
• Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely.
• Knowledge of the menu and beverage list and the ability to communicate clear suggestions to the guests.
• Auditory and visual abilities to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the company’s standards.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect
the business needs of the property.
• Upon employment, all Employees are required to fully comply with the company’s rules and regulations for
the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate organisation’s rules and
regulations will be subject to disciplinary action that may lead to termination of employment.
• Respond quickly and properly in any Restaurant emergency situation.
• Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor at all times in addition to remaining calm during periods of heavy
• The ability to perform other tasks or project as assigned by the Management.
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderated and controlled by facility environmental systems.
• Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an extended period of time.
• Able to lift up to 25lbs. and on a regular and continuing basis.
• Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
• Manual dexterity required to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Talking, hearing and seeing (vision) occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests,
Supervisors and other Employees.
Intent & Function of the job description
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by Supervisors as deemed appropriate.