Front of House
Al Ain and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Coordinates and oversees the constant adherence to service standards and customer satisfaction. Responsible for efficient running and profitability of the restaurant and effectively manage the employees at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
• Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
• Able to maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests when greeting them and throughout their dining experience.
• Ability to circulate on the outlet floor, continually checking with the guests and the service staff to ensure that everything is up to the guest’s satisfaction.
• Recognize outstanding performance by service personnel and handle discipline as per standard operating procedures.
• Looks after preparation and competition of action plans, productivity, quality and customer-service standards, resolving problems and identifying trends.
• Liaise with superior to meet restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variance, initiating corrective actions.
• Plan menus by consulting with chefs and estimate food costs and profits.
• Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation, minimizing waste, ensuring high quality of service.
• Prepares working schedules and implements according to business needs.
• Implements new service procedures together with the line manager and the rest of the team.
• Presents instructions from the Food & Beverage Office to his/her subordinates and colleagues and ensures clear understanding of them.
• Instructs on the set-up of stations, tables, linen, etc. and ensures that these standards are being followed.
• Checks quality of food and beverage items in terms of presentation, temperature, quantity, etc.
• Ensures the cleanliness of the Food & Beverage outlets.
• Ensures that all equipment for preparation and operation is clean and polished, and ensures that the necessary amount of equipment is available.
• Takes care of all the administrative work related to his/her outlet.
• Provides continuous training for his/her staff in all service related areas, as well as dealing with guests, suggestive selling, service skills, and product knowledge.
• Develops periodical performance evaluations of his/her staff as per procedures.
• Ensures that staff is aware of the provisions of Health & Safety regulations according to UAE laws and regulations.